This Week’s Update
A few short updates:
- Aero has postponed plans to operate commercial flights from its Lagos private terminal, after protests from Bi-Courtney, the owner of MMA2.
- Air Nigeria will commence flights from Lagos to Kano via Abuja on 2 November 2010.
- The Nigerian Police took delivery of a new Bell 412 helicopter (5N-LEH) this week. It also operates 5N-KSH.
- The Bauchi State Embraer 145 (5N-BJM) is now leased to Associated Aviation.
- Biman Bangladesh was barred by its government from leasing a 26-year-old B742 from Kabo Air for the Hajj flights.
- A Gabon based airline called RegionAir now offers flights from Port Harcourt to Douala, Port Gentil, Pointe Noire and Luanda. The airline intends to add Calabar and Malabo to its network shortly.
- Reportedly, permission was granted to Asky Airlines to start flights from/to Lagos per 31 October 2010.