This week’s update
- FirstNation Airways plans to restart operations in 2013 with ‘younger’ aircraft.
- DHL Express will base a B737-400 freighter aircraft at Lagos for domestic cargo operations.
- The remodelling of Port Harcourt Airport will be ready in two months according to FAAN.
- The World Bank handed over the newly completed perimeter fence at Abuja Airport to FAAN.
- The Nigerian Air Force ordered nine Russian helicopters for surveillance purposes. It was also announced that the NAF aims to refurbish three Lockheed C-130 Hercules transport aircraft.
- Bridgewater Academy is now a IATA recognised training centre.